Thursday 19 January 2017

Sewing plans for 2017

Over the last year I've learned that I am happier when I have a creative project on the go. I find that it gives me something enjoyable to focus on and when I finish a project and I don't know what to make next I feel kind of lost.

So over the last year I have built up a small collection of supplies including fabric, sewing patterns and some yarn too. I saw the #2017makenine on Instagram where you choose nine garments that you would like to make in 2017 and thought this would be a great idea to help keep me focussed on what I would like to make, help me use the stash I have collected and give me a project to move onto next = happy me.

Here are the nine garments I plan to make in 2017:
  1. Molly dress - Sew Over It: 'My Capsule Wardrobe: City Break' eBook
  2. Alex shirt dress - Sew Over It My Capsule Wardrobe: City Break eBook
  3. Cleo dress - Tilly and the Buttons
  4. Silk cami - Sew Over It 
  5. Bella lace panties - Evie la luve 
  6. Pencil skirt - Sew Over It
  7. Mimi blouse - Tilly and the Buttons: 'Love at First Stitch' book
  8. Betty dress - Sew Over It
  9. Vintage shirt dress -Sew Over It
I have also started to make a list of extra things I'd like to make including gifts, knitting and some home sewing (so really it's #2017makeeverything!)
  • A roman blind
  • Miette cardigan - Andi Satterlund
  • Pussy bow blouse dress hack - Sew Over It
  • The Auden Men's Cardigan - Jennifer Lauren Handmade
  • Box Pleat Skirt - Sew Over It Vintage book
  • Hand stitched figure (Maybe Tilda)
  • A coat
I'll keep you posted :-)

No comments: